Christmas Food Festival at Glengoyne
30th October 2008
Saturday 6th December 2008
11am - 5pm
Glengoyne, Scotland's most beautiful distillery, is hosting a free
Christmas event, with local, trusted food and drink partners on
Saturday, 6 December 2008, showcasing the best local produce from the
area. All the participants will have strong 'Slow Food'* credentials.
- Free to all, from 11.00 a.m. - 5 p.m., it will be a fun day aimed at all ages.
- In addition to the food stalls in 'Glengoyne's Garden of
Consumption', there will be a range of unusual gift ideas and plenty of
activities to entertain all the family.
- For the grown-ups there will be an inflatable bar, selling a range
of drinks including award winning WEST beer and there will also be
tutored whisky and beer tastings.
- Cooking demonstrations from Grassroots Organics and from Slow Food
Chef Tom Lewis of Monachyle Mhor Hotel and his team at MHORfish and
- For the children, there will be a cooking competition, judged by
Tom Lewis, carol singing, angel hunts, a treasure haystack and, of
course, Santa's Grotto - by the foot of the distillery waterfall at
the end of a magical glen.
- The Glengoyne distillery shop will be selling a range of whisky and
related products at great prices and gift vouchers, including
personalised bottles. Distillery tours, tastings, blending sessions and
nosings will be available throughout the day.
- Santa's Grotto will be open on Saturday 6th December and also on
Saturday 13th, Sunday 14th, Saturday 20th and Sunday 21st December from
11.00am - 4.30pm.
- The MhorBread Coffee Shop will be selling a range of delicious
festive treats and cakes and will also be open Saturday 13th, Sunday
14th, Saturday 20th and Sunday 21st December from 11.00am - 4.30pm.
For further information on this exciting event, please contact Glengoyne Distillery on
01360 550254 or email email@example.com.