- Our Company
- Private Labelling
- News & Events
TO APPLY PLEASE SUBMIT A CV AND TAILORED COVER LETTER.
***No agency contact***
Ian Macleod Distillers Ltd… ‘An international, entrepreneurial, brand-led, successful and respected family business’
We own some of the world’s best loved brands such as Glengoyne, Tamdhu and Edinburgh Gin. Immerse yourself in our colourful history and sample some of our exquisite brands.
In a world of rare and luxurious spirits, we ourselves are now a rare breed. We are one of the few remaining independent, family owned distillers left.
It’s a very exciting time here – we are currently experiencing growth and our business continues to evolve and move from strength to strength! We are very ambitious and have big plans ahead of us. Our brands are the key to our ongoing success and to do this justice, we need to add to our “family” with this newly created role of Brand Manager which demonstrates our commitment.
PURPOSE & SCOPE OF ROLE:
· Setting the strategy and creative identity of the iconic whiskies; Sheep Dip and Pigs Nose then leading their day to day brand management.
· The opportunity to establish your legacy by defining and then growing our more entrepreneurial spirit brands; Hedges & Butler, Macleod’s, King Robert, Chieftain’s and Sheildaig.
· Develop world class marketing assets to support and build the key brands that fall within your portfolio.
· Support the strategic development and long-term planning for the distributors and retailers around the world who sell your brands.
· Travel: 20% (approx.)
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Sitting within the global marketing team, you will support the team across all of our brands but with your primary focus on your own portfolio of brands:
§ Sheep Dip
§ Pigs Nose
§ Hedges & Butler
§ Our extensive blended whisky Brand ‘tail’, led by King Robert II
2. Leading the strategy, development and execution of the following marketing tools to your brands:
§ Global PR toolkit
§ Digital marketing
§ Social media
§ On and off trade consumer tools
§ Brand Ambassador tools including sampling kits and masterclass assets.
§ Distributor & Retailer sell-in support material
· Develop and execute the NPD pipeline for these brands that has genuine consumer pull.
· Clear and efficient budget management for central marketing, including invoice processing and spend tracking.
· Regular performance analysis for these brands, reviewing how they are tracking against volume and value targets at total brand level, by expression and by market. If underperforming, lead the charge by highlighting and recommending the solution.
KEY SKILLS, COMPETENCIES & EXPERIENCE:
You will have the ability, drive and ambition to be one of our future Brand Directors.
You will have a strong grounding in brand marketing, gained in a leading organisation. This will have provided you with the relevant skills and knowledge to tackle the drinks industry. You will be a stand out candidate who recognises that this is an opportunity to develop a world class marketing career; ambitious with the desire to develop and progress through the Ian MacLeod organisation. The ideal candidate will have brand management experience in luxury / FMCG goods (ideally whisky) with a global remit. This is not essential and it is more important that you have intuitive consumer marketing experience with the ability to build meaningful relationships, influencing skills, creativity yet analytical in equal measures and empathetic to the needs of distributors, retailers and customers alike.
Most recently you will have been a strong brand manager with a high level of autonomy, excelling in project management and have created powerful agency relationships. You'll have a proven track record in leading communications on consumer brands and through the line communications, working in partnership with distributors & retailers, as well as experience in managing a complex portfolio and launching NPD. You will be a confident self-starter with the passion and enthusiasm to get stuck into projects to deliver great business results. And you’ll have an entrepreneurial approach and creative mind that you can apply to a variety of premium single malts that all have different personalities.
· 4-6 years + consumer marketing experience.
· The ability to conceive and develop effective global assets.
· Solution focused with an entrepreneurial mindset.
· Track record on developing Through the Line communications for multiple markets, from briefing to final execution, partnering with external agencies and influencing internal stakeholders.
· Experience partnering with key distributors & retailers.
· Launched consumer relevant and commercially successful NPD and range optimisations.
· Confident, engaging presenter not swayed by large, and often senior, audiences.
· A strong relationship builder that can relate to many functions and external teams.
· Commercially astute and a proven track record of managing a brand and project budgets.
· Ideal but not essential is an understanding of the off and on trade in USA, UK, Asia and Global Travel Retail.
· Valid Driver’s licence.
Internal (Ian MacLeod):
· Board of Directors
· Sales & Marketing Board Director
· Brand Director
· Global Ambassador
· Brand Team
· Distillery Managers.
· Spirit Supply
· Agencies (digital, social media, PR, creative and research).
· Media – trade, lifestyle and whisky.
TO APPLY PLEASE SUBMIT A CV AND TAILORED COVER LETTER
***No agency contact***